Solar fence lights are underrated fixtures in a home’s outdoor space. It’s a great option to consider, especially if you want to reduce your electricity consumption and reduce that monthly bill.
If this idea sounds appealing to you, keep reading to find our pick for the 10 best solar fence lights currently available in the market.
Best Solar Fence Lights Comparison Chart 2021
Working-Time (Full Charge)
ZOOKKI Solar Fence Lights - 4 Pack
High-impact ABS Plastic
Each lighting time is about 30s
Neloodony Security Solar Wall Lights for Yard - 4 Pack
Each lighting time is about 30s
SUNFACE Solar Fence Post Lights - 6 Pack
Hmcity Solar Fence Lights - 2 Pack
Each lighting time is about 30s
Roopure Fence Post Solar Lights - 4 Pack
Piqiu Solar Fence Lights - 6 Pack
JACKYLED Solar Fence Lights - 10 Pack
Stainless Steel, ABS
No products found.
LITOM Solar Fence Lights - 4 Pack
Plastic, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, Polycarbonate
No products found.
MAGGIFT Solar Fence Lights - 2 Pack
Siedinlar Solar Lights for Fence - 2 Pack
The Best Solar Fence Lights Reviews 2021
1. ZOOKKI Solar Fence Lights – 4 Pack
Zookki is a product of Zookkidirect, an Amazon retailer of an extensive range of products from solar lights to essential oil differs and video projectors. The Zookki solar lights come in a pack of four outdoor lights suitable for mounting on your fence, your garden, the garage, and even the deck.
The Zookki solar fence light has many amazing features, but one thing that is worth highlighting is its 28-LED light capacity. This is impressive, considering each unit measures just over 5 inches. This higher LED light count means that you get a brighter illumination to your outdoor space. It also means you wouldn’t need to buy a lot to brighten up a big space.
Speaking of illumination, the Zookki system also comes with an intelligent solar motion sensor. This essentially means that the light is triggered when motion is detected up to a range of 26 feet. The light will remain on for as long as there is motion but will automatically turn off after 30 seconds of no movement. This is an excellent additional security feature for any type of home.
In addition to the smart sensor, we also appreciate the wide-angle that this product’s illumination can reach. Once triggered by motion, it lights up at an angle of up to 120-degrees wide. Again, it’s a wonderful feature for giving you additional visibility and added peace of mind for security.
Design-wise, it is made of sturdy ABS plastic that is resistant to high-impact and can withstand heavy rain, snow, and heat. The solar panel was also designed well enough to enable efficient light conversion. It takes about 6-7 hours of charge time to achieve a working time of over 8 hours.
Additionally, the company also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year limited product warranty.
Perhaps the only negative thing that we would like to note about the Zookki is it’s the somewhat confusing warranty period. When you read their product description, you’d be faced with two warranty descriptions: one would say one year while the other says 24-months.
Other than the warranty confusion, overall, the Zookki solar fence lights pretty much get all a major plus factor from us.
- 28-led light capacity – brighter illumination.
- Intelligent solar motion sensor – light is activated by motion up to a range of 26 feet.
- Long working time of 8 hours after a 6-7 hour charge time.
- Wide-angle beam – lights up to an angle of 120-degrees when triggered.
- Efficient light-conversion of solar panel design.
- Sturdy and durable – withstand most extreme weather conditions.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Confusing warranty period – unclear if one year or two years.
2. Neloodony Security Solar Wall Lights for Yard – 4 Pack
Neeloodony is an online retailer with its main focus being on outdoor solar LED lighting fixtures. Like the previous product on our list, the Neloodony also comes in a pack of four solar wall lights, suitable for any outdoor space but highly recommended for use on your fence, patio, or deck.
This brand of solar fence lights comes with a whopping 100-LED capacity. That means it’s super bright when lit up. It’s great for you if you have an extremely large outdoor space. Because they’re bright enough, you can space out your units relatively far apart from each other, making your fence still appear pleasing to the eye.
It also has motion activation. However, the motion range is limited to 10-16 feet. To compensate for this, the light-up area comes up at an impressive angle of 125 degrees wide. It can also illuminate an area of up to about 28 feet2 once the sensor is triggered.
The solar panel of these units also come at a relatively wide panel and is at 4.8 watts. This feature translates to faster-charging speeds, which is very useful when the sun’s appearance is fairly limited.
Each unit comes equipped with a lithium-ion battery with a large capacity of 3.74 volts. This feature means that your solar fence lights can store more solar power, and therefore can turn on longer during the night.
The only thing keeping the Neeloodony from being number one on our list is its relatively high price point. They are coming up with the most expensive price per unit among similar items on the market, but the features above may well be worth it for someone who doesn’t mind the price.
Another potential downside is that it may not be suitable for smaller outdoor spaces because the units are on the bigger side. However, if the features above impress you, you can still make it work. Simply use only one or two of the units instead of using all four and rest as replacements down the track.
All in all, if you have a large fence area that needs lighting and don’t mind paying a bit more, the Neloodony outdoor fence lights is one to consider.
- 100-led capacity – brighter illumination, perfect for large spaces.
- Motion activation – detects up to a range of 10-16 feet and lights up to an angle of 125 degrees.
- Wide panel – results in faster-charging speeds.
- Large-capacity lithium-ion battery – stores more solar power, turns on longer during the night.
- High price point – most expensive price per unit on this list.
- May not be suitable for smaller outdoor spaces.
3. SUNFACE Solar Fence Post Lights – 6 Pack
Sunface is also an Amazon retailer of only one product at the moment: outdoor solar lights. The Sunface solar fence lights come in a pack of six lights and our value pick in this list, owing to it having the cheapest price per unit.
The standout feature of the Sunface solar fence lights is its dual lighting mode. The steady warm color mode gives the right amount of warm light to give your outdoor space a cozy ambiance. Next is the auto-color changing mode, which automatically rotates your lighting unit into seven different colors. This lighting mode is perfect when you’re hosting parties or decorating your space for festivities, such as Halloween or Christmas holidays.
Another unique feature of this brand of solar fence light is it’s classical yet elegant design. It comes in a matte black finish and can complement any type of fence it is mounted on.
The units also come with relatively wide solar panels, which means they charge faster and stay on for longer.
Installation is also a breeze, and the unit comes with everything you need to mount it onto a wall, including screws and an instruction manual.
A few downsides of this value product are that the units are relatively smaller in size, so you may need a few units to light up a larger outdoor space. They are also bright against the fence but may not be as bright to light the ground. But then again, if you are after a fence light, then this essentially serves its purpose.
To sum it up, if you are after an extremely affordable solar light to add brightness to your fence area, the Sunface pack of six may be worth considering.
- Cost-efficient – has the cheapest price per unit among similar products on this list.
- Dual lighting mode – choose between steady or color-changing mode.
- Classic, elegant design – complements most fences.
- Relatively wide solar panels – faster charging times.
- Relatively smaller units – you may need a few to light up a larger outdoor space.
- Bright enough to light up the fence but not enough to light up the ground beneath.
4. Hmcity Solar Fence Lights – 2 Pack
Another Amazon brand of solar lights for the running is Hmcity. Their product comes as a pack of two solar-powered lights suitable for fences, gardens, or patios.
What caught our attention about the Hmcity outdoor fence lights is its ultra-wide lighting angle and extremely large coverage. It can cover up to 270 degrees of lighting angles and light up a yard of 30 m2.
It also boasts of a highly efficient solar panel and comes equipped with monocrystalline silicon solar cells. These features essentially mean that the units conserve solar energy better, and the light-up time lasts longer.
This outdoor solar light brand also has sensitive motion sensors that detect movement within a range of 8 feet. It has a sensing angle of up to 120 degrees and can stay lit up to about 30 seconds, and extends longer if needed.
Finally, it is made of durable, waterproof, and heatproof material, extending its lifespan to over 30,000 hours. That is just nearly 3.5 years in lifespan, which is not bad for a solar-powered lighting fixture of this size at its price.
Our only issue with these Hmcity solar lights is the on and off switch (to activate the motion sensor) is located at the back of the units. This means that you would have to unscrew it again to activate it unless you remember to turn it on before mounting it to the wall.
Overall, this brand is worth checking out if you are after a fence light for adding security and lights to your large outdoor space.
- Ultra-wide 270-degree lighting angle – can light up a yard of up to 30 square meters.
- Highly efficient solar panels – longer light up times.
- Sensitive motion sensors – detect movements within 8 feet.
- Durable and long-lasting – can last for 3.5 years.
- On and off switch located at the back.
5. Roopure Fence Post Solar Lights – 4 Pack
Roopure is an Amazon specialty retailer of solar lighting fixtures, such as step lights, spotlights, security lights, and solar lighting off-grid systems.
Our first impression of the Roopure fence lights is that they are modern and sleek looking. The stainless steel and sliver white design certainly give added aesthetic value, and we can see it working well with any type of fence it is mounted on.
Another great feature of this solar fence light is its dual lighting mode. It stays dim in normal night conditions but brightens up when it detects motion. This design makes it a great type of light to use on front yard fences as it helps light up your path when walking to your front door. Alternatively, the gradually increasing light also helps keeps your guard up when you aren’t expecting someone over.
In terms of sensor sensitivity, the sensors can detect motion up to 6 meters away. Lighting wise, it has a relatively wide-angle range of up to 180 degrees. Again, this type of angle lighting works well for fences as you don’t have to fill your fence with so many units, and only a few pieces will do.
This durable stainless-steel solar fence light comes with a 1P65 waterproof rating built with two layers of tightly-sealed loop material. This gives you the reassurance that your units will not accumulate any fluid despite heavy rain or snowfall.
If we were to give a couple of criticisms with the Roopure solar fence lights, it would be regarding their light mode and mounting. The lights stay on even after dark and will only turn off when the batteries have drained. On the plus side, this probably reflects how great the unit’s battery conservation system is.
Mounting wise, you can only screw the units using one screw, which is generally fine. However, it would probably be more secure for longevity with two holes and two screws for their newer models.
All in all, the Roopure is definitely the fence light to consider for a more modern, sleek-looking fence light with sensor technology.
- Stainless-steel design – gives it an elegant and sleek look.
- Dual lighting mode – dim most of the time and gets brighter with motion detection.
- Sensitive sensors – detects motion up to 6 meters away.
- Wide-angle – lights up to 180 degrees.
- 1P65 waterproof rating – extremely waterproof.
- Could do with one more screw for mounting.
- The light stays on until the battery is drained, even after dark.
6. Piqiu Solar Fence Lights – 6 Pack
Piqiu is an Amazon Store specializing in various home solutions, from meat thermometers to various solar lighting solutions. Their solar fence lights are just one of their outdoor solar lighting solutions, and this particular one comes in the six-pack variant.
The upgraded 2020 version of Piqui’s outdoor solar fence lights come with narrower borders and wider LED panels. This is to allow for space to accommodate more LED light pieces, now totaling 140-LED lights. This means that the unit emits brighter lighting.
This upgraded version also comes with enhanced motion detectors. It can now detect up to 20 feet within a detection angle of 120 degrees. When triggered, the lights brighten up for about 15 to 20 seconds and automatically turn off when no motion is detected after 20 seconds.
This brand of solar fence lights is made of high-impact ABS material that is proven to withstand most rugged weather conditions, such as strong rains, heavy snowfall, and extreme heat.
From a consumer’s perspective, it’s also great to know that the brand offers a 30-day full refund policy along with a 180-day limited product warranty. This is especially handy when you encounter a single unit that doesn’t seem to work like the rest of the pack.
The only thing that bugs us with the Piqiu solar fence lights is that you need to position it at a spot that gets an extremely large amount of sun despite its updated design. Although in saying that, they are solar-powered lights after all, which is what you’re supposed to do in the first place. Perhaps the next upgrades could do with wider solar panels to create more efficient solar energy absorption.
- 140-led lights – emits brighter lighting at night.
- Enhanced motion detectors – detects up to 20 feet.
- Durable – made of high-impact ABS material.
- Excellent money-back guarantee and warranty in place.
- Needs an extremely large amount of sun exposure to achieve optimum charge time.
7. JACKYLED Solar Fence Lights – 10 Pack
Jackyled is an online retailer of a wide range of LED lighting solutions, from indoor to outdoor. Among their most popular products are the LED ring lights and the outdoor solar LED lights.
The Jackyled outdoor fence LED light’s outstanding feature is it’s impressively fast charging time and longer working time. These solar lights would only need about six hours of charging in full sunlight. A fully charged solar fence unit can last up to 10 hours, which is great for those super long winter nights.
Another thing we like about this model of Jackyled solar lights is its stainless-steel design. It gives it that simple yet modern and sleek flare, making it the perfect complement for any type of fence.
In addition to the high-quality stainless-steel component, the units also come with high-quality ABS material. This combination of materials makes it resistant to rain, snow, wind, cold, heat, moisture, rust and makes it strong and durable for long-term outdoor use.
Some may find the light emitted by these units to be too dim in terms of the downside. However, considering the units only come with 30-LED lights, we would say this is a pretty reasonable amount of brightness.
Another thing is, again, the switch is located at the back end of the unit. So if you plan on going for these units, ensure you turn the switch on before mounting them onto your surfaces.
In summary, if you are after fence lights that are modern-looking and one that requires a short amount of time to charge, put the Jackyled 30 on top of your list.
- Fast charging time and long working time – 6 hours charging time and lasts up to 10 hours when fully charged.
- Modern, sleek, stainless-steel design.
- Durable, high-quality ABS material makes it resistant to all weather conditions and rust and corrosion.
- User-friendly – very easy to install.
- Some may find the brightness too dim for their liking.
- The switch is located at the back of the unit.
8. LITOM Solar Fence Lights – 4 Pack
No products found.
Litom is a specialty Amazon retailer of solar spotlights and solar motion lights. However, they also produce a range of solar lights, specifically for fences, decks, and backyards.
The Litom solar fence light comes available in three pack variants: packs of 2, packs of 4, or packs of 8. This is great as you have the option of getting the best value pack for the space you are intending to light up.
What we love most about these packs of solar fence lights is that they don’t look like solar lights at all. When all lit up, they look more like the expensive, indoor light bulbs. The brightness is just the right amount and not too overwhelming.
Another thing to love about this solar fence light is the working time. Their product description says it can last up to 6 hours on a full charge. However, we have actually managed to keep it on for at least 8 hours.
Finally, considering the price point, the materials used are reasonably fairly durable and so far have managed to withstand strong winds, heavy rain, and extreme heat. They also claim to be snow-proof.
If you were after a really bright fence light, then perhaps you could fault the Litom for not being bright enough for your liking.
Other than that, however, we think that overall, this is a great choice for a solar fence light that creates a dramatic, relaxing lighting effect over your fence area.
- Comes in three different pack variants, so you can pick one that perfectly suits your needs.
- Beautifully lights up – almost like normal lights and not solar ones.
- Relatively long working time of at least 8 hours.
- Durable material, withstanding all sorts of weather conditions.
- Some people may not find that the brightness level is not enough for their liking.
No products found.
9. MAGGIFT Solar Fence Lights – 2 Pack
Maggift is also an Amazon retailer, but its niche is around the outdoor and garden lighting space, to include solar fence lights. The Maggift solar fence lights come available in two variants: packs of two or packs of four.
The design itself is what drew us to Maggift solar fence lights. Unlike most of the lighting fixtures on this list, the Maggift is a disc-shaped solar fence light. It has a rectangular-shaped wall mount, so when mounted, it’s as if a ring of light is floating alongside your fence.
In terms of charging time, the unit requires about six to eight hours to fully charge under direct sunlight. This will achieve a working time of approximately 8 to 10 hours, which again comes in handy for those long winter nights.
Another plus feature of this brand of lights is its ease of installation. It comes with an easy screw-on installation mechanism with easy-to-follow and detailed instructions.
To top it off, the company also offers a 180-day product warranty. This feature always comes in handy for addressing any issues you may have. And in the unfortunate instance, you do encounter faulty products, we think 180 days is a generous timeframe to have them replaced.
If there was something to fault with this brand of lights, it’s probably that some might not find it bright enough. But then again, considering that they only have 12-LED lights, we would say they still emit pretty reasonable brightness given the circumstances.
Overall, if you are after a uniquely designed, minimalistic lighting feature for your fence, this Maggift 12-led fence light may be the one for you.
- Unique, disc-shaped design.
- Short charging time of 6-8 hours and long work time of 8-10 hours.
- Easy installation.
- 180-day product warranty.
- Some may find the brightness level inadequate.
10. Siedinlar Solar Lights for Fence – 2 Pack
Siedinlar is an online retailer specializing in all sorts of outdoor solar lighting solutions for the home. Specifically, their focus is on solar deck lights and solar post fence lights.
The Siedinlar solar post fence lights made it to our list because of its exquisitely stunning design. It comes in a beautiful metallic lamp shade-like pattern that is a great decorative and functional addition to your fence’s post.
The design of this post fence light may look intricate, but installing it certainly is the opposite. Installation of the fence lights is very straightforward and can be done in a few simple steps. They are suitable for standalone wooden posts or posts attached to your fences.
In terms of lighting, they come with a 15-lumen glow and brilliant LED lighting. They are equipped with high transmittance and vertical-lined clear plastic lenses. These features mean that the post lamps emit brighter lights than similar products on the market.
These beautiful post fence lights are made of durable shells that make it waterproof, snow proof, and resistant to UV rays. This feature translates to the units lasting a lengthy period in the outdoors.
The obvious downside of the Siedinlar solar post fence lights is it would only be suitable for fences or areas with posts on them. Although they are reasonably bright enough, they tend to give more of an aesthetic lighting rather than functional lighting. So, if you require brighter fence lights, this set of lights may not be for you.
Overall, if you are looking for a fence light that will amplify the aesthetics of your outdoor space, the Siedinlar solar post fence lights may be a great option.
- Unique, exquisite, stunning design.
- Easy to install.
- Emit brighter light than similar products on the market.
- Durable material makes it resistant to all weather conditions.
- Only suitable for fences with posts.
- Light may not be adequately bright for some.
What to Look for When Buying a Faucet Solar Fence Lights
Solar fence lights are a wonderful eco-friendly and economic alternative to traditional electric outdoor lighting.
If you’re thinking of making the switch to solar fence lighting, here are a few things to consider:
- Determine your purpose for wanting to install your fence lamp and then work from there.
- If it’s for added security and visibility, then you probably want a brighter light as well as something with a motion sensor.
- If you don’t really want a bright one and simply want a soothing ambiance, then a mid to dim brightness may just do the trick.
- Despite being solar-powered, your fence lights would still require batteries to store energy harvested from the sun.
- Ensure that the batteries in your units are the rechargeable type. Common, non-rechargeable batteries may just end up damaging your solar fence lighting units.
- As a general rule, go for lithium-ion batteries as they tend to be the most long-lasting ones.
- There are generally three types of solar panels. The most effective is the monocrystalline type. However, this is also the most expensive. The two other types are polycrystalline and amorphous, which tend to be less expensive but are also consequently less efficient.
- Regardless of the type of solar panel, generally, a wider solar panel would conserve more solar energy, so if you can find a product with a wider panel, the better.
- This is relative to you and your expectations, but like most products, think of how much you are willing to spend versus how much quality you are willing to compromise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to have motion sensors on my solar fence lights?
This all boils down to your primary purpose of installing your fence lights. If you want lights just to brighten up space, then technically, no. But a motion-activated outdoor sensor light is a great bonus to have in terms of outdoor fence lights.
Do all fence lights have to be screwed on to the wall?
While most units come with screws for mounting onto the wall, you don’t necessarily have to install them this way. You always have the option of mounting them using double-sided tape.
Some products allow you to install fence lights on top of fence posts instead of on the fence walls themselves.
Velcro tape also works well for situations where you want to move your fence lights a lot.
Will my solar fence lights still charge even on a cloudy day?
Solar lights will still charge on extremely cloudy days, on heavy rains, and even during a storm. The only thing you should remember is that it may not charge as much and as fast as it does in normal sunny conditions. This means that you shouldn’t expect it to run at full capacity.
The same is true in winter times or days with less sun. expect your solar units to run at less than 50% capacity than they normally would during the sunny summer times.
Eco-friendly, economical, illuminating, and aesthetically-pleasing. Who would have thought that these four words would be used to describe something as simple as solar fence lights?
It’s like describing the ZOOKKI Solar Fence Lights, our best of the best solar fence lights. The 28-led display achieves just the right balance of brightness. The sleek and modern yet extremely durable design makes it able to withstand all sorts of weather. The remarkable solar panel design enables efficient conversion of light, which means the unit can work up to 8 hours when fully charged. And finally, the price point is well within reach. Winner, right?