Awards and Recognition
- 2011: Liter of Light was recognized by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Secretariat’s Momentum for Change Initiative at its inaugural award ceremony in Durban, South Africa. Liter of Light was recognized as an innovative and transformative solution that addresses both climate change and wider economic, social and environmental challenges.
- 2013: Liter of Light was the recipient of the 2013 Sustainia Community Award, as voted by the Sustainia Online Community. “Sustainia Award is an annual international award given to a solution, technology or project with a significant potential to help build a more sustainable future.”
- January 2015: Liter of Light was honored as the winning entry in the Zayed Future Energy Prize Non-Profit Organization category. The ZFEP recognizes innovators around the world for their impact, innovation, leadership and long-term vision.
- April 2015, Liter of Light received the 2014-2015 World Habitat Award at the Governing Council of UN-Habitat, in Nairobi, Kenya. Liter of Light @Night was recognized as an innovative, sustainable and scalable solution to a key housing challenge faced by communities around the world.
- April 2016, Liter of Light was awarded the St. Andrews Prize for the Environment. The award recognizes significant contributions to environmental issues and concerns and it was given to our Brazilian Chapter, as they move forward lighting up lives in the Amazon.
2014 Asia Game Changer Award by the Asia Society, the Asia Game Changer Awards are designed to fill a vital gap, identifying and honoring true leaders making a positive contribution to the future of Asia.
- 2008 Young Global Leader, World Economic Forum, Geneva, Switzerland
- DHL Young Entrepreneurs for Sustainability (YES) Awards, Runner Up, Asia (2007)
- DHL Young Entrepreneurs for Sustainability (YES) Awards, National Winner (2007)
- 2006 People of the Year, Philippines by People Magazine Asia
- Ernst & Young, Innovation Entrepreneur of the Year, Philippines (2006)
- Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World (Enterprise), JCI International, (2006)
- Ten Outstanding Young Men of the Philippines for Social Entrepreneurship (2005)